Monday, September 8, 2014

He Touched Lives...Even Mine


I had never heard of Truett Cathy until my daughter, Becky, went to Samford University.  I had only been to Chick-Fil-A a time or two. 

Becky became part of Samford’s A Cappella Choir and that’s when I heard about the nice man who provided the choir with tour buses and fed them at his restaurants all over the country when they were on tour.

That man was Truett Cathy and his benevolence to the Samford students is only a small part of the legacy he leaves in his passing.  Rick Warren says he had a huge heart for children and when success came with his restaurants he used his money to benefit those who needed a hand up.  By living his faith, he showed the world what one man’s influence can do.

I never met Mr. Cathy, but he fed my daughter lots of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.  And that’s the road to this mother’s heart.

Thank you, sir.