Friday, July 18, 2014

Wringing My Hands


Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. --1 Peter 5: 6 & 7

I used to think Life would someday be worry free. No more anxiety. Not.

Every day has its own cares, anxieties, concerns. We skirt around the bad word...that W word...Worry. We know we're not supposed to worry. But that doesn't take away anxiety. Every day has its own pile of mess that makes us anxious because we're humans. The hands in this picture look more like my insides than I like to admit. 

That's why we have to read God's word often. We can't just do it once and call it good...we've GOT it! We need to be reminded over and over of the simple fact that he cares for us. Christian music by solidly Christian artists helps, too. By people like Babbie Mason. 

There were errands to do today. I got in my car, backed out of the garage, and the cd began to play. It was Babbie with her version of I Know Whom I Have Believed. Since my hands were on the wheel, I wasn't actually wringing them, but the ones on the inside began to relax a bit. 

But I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able

To keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

O yeah. 

If you need a fresh stroke today, go to www.babbie.com and soak up this lady's words from the God she loves. Her music is available there and everywhere else you buy the good stuff. She'll lift your spirits - and probably your hands.

Feel the breeze: We carry our concerns with us as we make our way through a tough world. What's eating up your gut today? Parents? Kids? Grandkids? Job? Church? Mate? Disappointments? Money? Life will never stop and as Gilda Radner used to say, "It's always sumthin'!" The main thing is, do you know the One who is able to keep you from falling? Do you trust the One you have believed? He cares for you. If you're raising your hands to Him, you can't be wringing them in despair. Ruth Bell Graham said "Worship and worry can't abide in the same place."

Blessings.