Saturday, November 2, 2013

Simply Trusting



But I trust in you, O Lord;
I say, "You are my God." 
My times are in your hands...
- Psalm 31:14-15
 
 
I was tired.  Ready to sleep.  The light turned off.  My mind turned on.
 
 
A nagging family issue played through my brain like a bad movie.  Back and forth, forth and back the voices and angry faces carried on without ceasing.  "Stop!" I kept telling myself.  But Myself wasn't listening.
 
 
Finally, in desperation (why is it always in desperation?  Why isn't it the first thing?) I began to earnestly pray for God to guide each soul involved.  And give me some peace. 
 
 
His voice was almost audible.  "Trust me.  I've got it."  Trust.  It was such a simple and direct answer.  I've heard it before.  I've done it before.  But this time, it was like a giant switch was flipped in my spirit. 
 
 
Of course.  Trust God.  It's all in His hands.  In the trusting, there was release.  And peace. 
 
 
And sleep.
 
 
The breezes of faith so often blow through my room at night.  Nights can be a hard time, especially when someone is in recovery from a serious illness.  Daytimes have their moments, too.   And I realize that Trust is a decision I have to make over and over again as Life brings different experiences to my path. 
 
Are you wrestling with something today...something that's way bigger than you are?  Trust God.  His hands are big enough.